Senior Manager, Hardlines Licensing – Marvel Action FiguresApply NowApply Later Job ID 960952BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted May 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing several product categories including core toys, construction, and preschool to grow Marvel’s North America licensing business through lifestyle brand initiatives, category expansion, and developing consumer products programs in connection with content and marketing events.
- Licensee and Category Management:
- Provide category business vision and leadership and set strategic direction
- Lead relationship with several global licensees and develop growth plans aligned with consumer, retailer and region team needs
- Identify growth opportunities including bringing on board new partners where necessary and expanding distribution
- Research & understand the competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs
- Pitch new companies to develop consumer products programs in connection with content and marketing events
- Manage day-to-day relationship with licensees including onboarding, contract negotiation, identifying opportunities, problem solving, and marketing
- Provide business insights including financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary
- Develop/Contribute to internal and external retail presentations and product line reviews
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units, franchise teams and global partners which can result in new business opportunities
- Finance and Business Planning:
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting
- Present quarterly revenue forecasts and business insights to management
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities and strategize toward building incremental business
- Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Help to create retail strategies and identify ways to expand retail presence
- Provide product and licensee information to the retail and marketing teams to support retail meetings and presentations
- Inform and guide licensees in the execution of marketing initiatives
- Ensure licensee participation in retailer promotional and marketing plans
- Proactively engage internal Marketing, Communications and Social Media teams to drive awareness of product lines
- At least 5 years experience in licensing and category management – experience with Action Figures and product innovation a plus
- The preferred candidate would have experience within a major Toy and/or Entertainment company
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, entrepreneurial, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree + 5-7 years of directly related experience
This position is based in Orlando, FL
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.