Senior Manager, Licensing - PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 963688BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Responsibilities:Finance and Business Planning:
- Be accountable for developing, and implementing the business strategy for Publishing categories including color & activity, reference and novelty formats across multiple North American distribution channels, franchises and initiatives.
- Have fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting. Communicate detailed and high-level updates to senior management on account status and managing budget for accounts
- Build long-term planning with Senior staff on publishing print business to identify opportunities and value propositions that differentiate and define the portfolio and products
- Establish strategy for responsible categories considering new & emerging business model opportunities, product strategies and maximizing channel distribution.
- Develop new business opportunities. Analyze account (licensee and retailer) business performance, competitive landscape and trends as well as develop growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Publishing Worldwide strategies.
- Manage licensee portfolio including contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion / advertising and daily relationship with licensees.
- Guide innovative discussions with Product Development team to bring to market compelling new product for categories managed.
- Identify evergreen franchise growth opportunities, lead discussions with editorial on content needs for partners giving constructive feedback on behalf of teams on developing content to optimize global development in preparation for commercialization.
- Head overall strategy for 21st Century portfolio, including leading discussions with internal stakeholders including business affairs, editorial and franchise to determine ROI on programs. Communicate strategy across print team in order to maximize opportunity
- Maintain knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retail sales performance of key licensees and programs, proactively keeping executive management informed about best sellers. Perform retail-shopping analysis.
- Provide any licensee /product information to support marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Develop team-oriented relationships with other CPGP teams, creating opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
- Ability to lead a team towards financial targets and manage growth of category.
- Deep understanding of contracts and ability to negotiate with external partners independently.
- Experience with brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and to flex with a changing landscape
- Knowledge of Keynote and financial tracking systems preferred
- Bachelor's Degree + 7 yrs. of directly related experience.
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This position will be located in Celebration, FL
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.