Senior Manager, Owned & Operated Merchandising - HardlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 7122546520220519 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Senior Manager leads a team of Merchandising Managers to drive a multichannel product strategy, quarterly strategy brief, product line strategy and assortment curation for global Disney Parks, The Disney Stores (TDS) and shopDisney.com.
- Accountability spans multiple categories across all brands, representing the global Disney owned retail channels. This individual will have a detailed knowledge of the multiple product categories, intimate understanding of global consumer trends and competition, and an overall sense of the marketplace. This individual will critically evaluate the assortment and understand quarterly brand and category performance, while leveraging hindsight and learnings to inform future seasonal direction. This individual will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the connection between financial objectives and related merchandise objectives.
Drive category assortment plan and strategy across Brands and curate global line that meets the financial goals for Global Parks, Flagship Disney Stores, & shopDisney.
- Establish the merchandising strategy, lead the bottoms up planning process and assortment curation for multiple categories, enabling one global line for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Signature Experiences, The Disney Store, ShopDisney.com & global Parks/Disney store leveraging & integration.
- Develop and deliver cohesive assortment plans to Franchise Brand teams that ensure site needs are addressed across brands, franchisees and categories while driving to efficient development and maximizing item productivity, and capitalizing on key successes across multiple regions / sites.
- Build and curate multi-category consumer-centric, global assortments that support strategic intent of the brand and drive growth at retail for each region / site.
- Lead the identification of seasonal big bets globally; partner cross-functionally to align on investment and activate marketing to support
- Drive partnership with ecommerce and regional buying and planning to build and implement new initiatives to drive increased value and capture, to unlock white space opportunities and to inform inventory investment
- Synthesize global business results to inform key business decisions to hindsight performance and learnings to inform future seasons
Lead Merchandising and Collaboration for Parks specific activations.
Drive the best expression of our brands through unique and diverse Park and Attraction based retailing (350+ unique experiential based doors). Build product strategies for categories that are designed for a fully immersive space through well-executed activations that maximize capture within the attraction while building equity and desire for future interaction with products in our unique specialty retail environment.
- Lead team to build category/collection/item level product brief that supports the immersive Parks-specific experiences. For Park intellectual property, work directly with Parks Design team to build collections that meet the business needs.
- Partner with Walt Disney Imagineering and merchant teams for each brand to ensure the products we build continue to story tell and complete the experience for our valuable Parks guests
- Attract and convert new consumers though the creation of product strategies designed for the Parks retail space globally. Leverage synergy between Parks.
- Develop category level global merchandising strategic landscape ensuring quarterly / annual growth targets are achieved
- Partner with Commercial and Marketing teams to drive awareness and influencer plans globally
- Partner with Corporate Alliance and Business Development for Co-Branded developed product strategy and execution.
Develop high performing teams and bench to support organizational growth needs.
- Lead a team of salaried leaders and their direct reports.
- Lead by example as a key change agent; create a culture that fosters teamwork, and innovation while driving accountability to results.
- Act as a role model within the company by coaching and teaching team members and to identify and address gaps in organizational competencies with relevant coaching and feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Product Merchandising, Planning/Analytics, specialty retail & product assortment strategy.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a financial plan
- Strong Excel acumen and deep expertise building buy planning tools
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Experience in curating a global product line that is both globally leveraged and locally relevant
- Experience in Merchandising for vertical specialty retail environment
- Expertise managing $1B+ retail business across a broad and diverse category set and consumer base.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse audience including experience working with external partners and business owners to bring product and assortments to the market
- Successful experience working, and thriving, in a highly matrixed company structure
- Strong Team Player – The ability to build & foster collaborative partnerships across functions & departments within The Walt Disney Corporation
- Proven ability to think creatively and disruptively to bring and infuse new ideas to the business
- Demonstrated ability to lead the organizational and cultural change efforts needed to ensure new, innovative concepts, business practices, and technologies are fully adopted and integrated into the business
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally- less than 15%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Business, Retail Management or related fields
This role is located in Orlando, Florida
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.