Senior Manager-Packaging DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 944233BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
You will report to the Senior Manager - Graphic Design
- Develop Packaging Design & Branding across multiple categories and cross divisions.
- Lead Packaging Design & Branding across all Disney properties and Franchises.
- Idea generation for Franchise expansion through Packaging & Branding
- Art style/new technique development to co-ordinate with trends in the marketplace
- Contribute new Packaging & Branding ideas and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Advocate for Sustainability initiatives to propel TWDC as a leader in reducing packaging waste
- Ensure Packaging Design & Branding excellence by maintaining integrity and leading artistic and creative direction locally and globally
- Seeks out and apply knowledge of new trends and innovation in Packaging Design & Branding
- Coordinate with licensees, our teams, and content partners on new development and new lines of business
- Understand Graphic Design & Branding and how it translates to Packaging
- Awareness of marketplace trends
- Present creative concepts on both formal and informal settings
- Team player
- Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Work closely with Artists to create elevated relevant art that encompasses trend, consumer insights, Studio initiatives and Franchise focused
- Work with executive creative partners in Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, Burton, Muppets, Channel, Yellow Shoes, Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Entertainment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Art and Design
- 5+ years of related work experience in graphic design, character art or merchandise design
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Graphic Design & Branding
- Able to clearly communicate, present, and sell creative ideas both in formal and informal settings.
- Strong traditional drawing skills and concepting skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong negotiator
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others
- Strategic vision for overall business and category
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.