Sr Software Engineer, Guest Profile Solutions
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 916350BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:If you're passionate about creating data products that deliver an industry-leading customer profile technology platform, come join us! We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer who has experience with cloud-based big data platforms who can create advanced solutions with data, tools, and connections. You will develop products, provide technical expertise, and ensure delivery of features and capabilities for the guest profile, reporting to the Senior Manager, Technology. You will be a part of a group of experienced developers who create technical solutions that support the guest profile powering the interactions and experiences that create magic for our guests.
- Build complex data and software products using multiple technologies across all phases of product development/engineering lifecycle including design, code development, and testing in an Agile environment.
- Develop tools and techniques for data ingest and egress between different databases, services, and platforms
- Create custom applications and interfaces that ensure the maintenance, compliance, distribution, and performance/health monitoring of the customer platform
- Develop APIs to allow customizable sharing of profile attributes in a secure, scalable, and performant way
- Design, support, and optimize our technical infrastructure and processes
- Identify opportunities for automation, optimization, and improvement of existing technologies and processes
- Be a promoter and trainer of new technologies amongst your peers
- Consult on cloud and big data technologies, capabilities, and approaches
- Work with partners across technology and the business to achieve project deliverables within defined timelines
- 8+ years of building data products (structured and unstructured) that are necessary in the process of delivering business goal
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying solutions in a cloud environment
- Experience with Python as a full-stack programming language, including Flask and Pandas
- Experience developing cloud data solutions in AWS
- AWS components: Kinesis, SNS, Lambda, EC2, Redshift, Sagemaker, Neptune, Firehose, S3 and Glue
- Experience with big data technologies (NoSQL): Snowflake, Hadoop/HDFS, Shell Scripting, Spark, Kafka, Big Query, Cassandra
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining pub/sub solutions
- Experience with code and release management tools (e.g. GitHub, GitLab), continuous integration/delivery pipelines, and agile development best-practices
- Experience developing custom web applications and user interfaces
- Experience with building, optimizing, and maintaining custom APIs and their infrastructure
- Experience building and deploying applications via containers (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding of cloud security concepts
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or related field
- Masters degree in technology discipline or related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.