Software Engineering Intern- Fall 2020
Kissimmee, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 733374BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 11/01/2020
Job Summary:The Prof Intern-Retail Systems role will work closely with the SIMBA administration team to develop a self-service portal for all SIMBA users. This portal will assist the SIMBA users in submitting request to the administration team and aid in the automation of manually intensive tasks. This role will also create process maps based on information gained from users and administration teams
- Develop initial technology platform and web experiences for the service portal
- Convert process maps into working code to automate manual tasks
- Responsible for building frontend and backend features and services
- Automate existing manually run SQL code, processes and requests
- Provide technical perspective in furthering the service portal roadmap and business requirements
- Research best practices and industry trends
- Collaborate with Disney technology teams to solve complex problems
- Track development and delivery timelines to provide partners with project updates
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to build user interfaces and prototypes from wireframes and designs
- Strong experience in SQL and Database Design and Optimization
- Experience in web services (RESTful & SOAP) in both as a consumer and provider
- Previous Retail experience
- Previous reporting and analytics experience
- College Program Alumni or previous Disney experience
- Junior or higher (or a recent graduate) earning a degree in Information Sciences and Technology, Computer Information Technology, Information Technology and Systems, Information Technologies or a related business major
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.