Sourcing Contract ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 797752BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 28, 2021
As the GSCO Contract Manager, you will be responsible for leading the efforts associated with the contract lifecycle for the Owned & Operated businesses and will review, draft, revise and negotiate contracts, monitor supplier compliance and contract performance, recommend improvements of contract processes and ensure contract accuracy. You will work with internal clients/partners and external suppliers to obtain the requirements needed for each contract then communicate and manage the workflow of all contract stages. You will escalate complex legal issues to Disney attorneys and assist with the resolutions. You will review, draft and revise form agreements and be responsible for proper SOG documentation related to the contract management duties and responsibilities and will lead special contract-related projects as necessary.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, amendments and other legal documentation related to product licensing and compliance
- Preparing detailed summaries of agreement terms
- Revising, updating, and maintaining contract templates
- Proofreading and editing documents
- Creating, updating, and maintaining various departmental databases
- Identifying best practices, processes, and procedures to achieve departmental efficiencies
- Other tasks and projects assigned by manager
- At least three (3) years of paralegal experience working with merchandise licensing and compliance agreements.
- The ability to understand, track and meet all relevant deadlines, and follow up as appropriate.
- The ability to draft contract language and integrate business terms/issues into contracts.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and analyze legal issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- The ability to take the initiative on projects and follow through to completion.
- The ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Detail-oriented, with accurate and thorough grammatical, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions, as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- An ability to independently manage one’s workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
- Must be able to hold him/herself and others accountable for results.
- A team play with a positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenging assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other Office 365 suite of tools.
Required – Two (2) year college degree or equivalent work experience as paralegal/contract manager.
Desired - Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.