Already applied?View Dashboard
Sourcing Specialist - Merchandise SourcingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 554748BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 11, 2018
Job Summary:Our team partners with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality, innovative product that is safe and responsibly sourced to consumers in all Disney Theme Park retail channels around the world. Global Merchandise Sourcing cultivates a thriving team and key strategic partnerships with best-in-class suppliers to consistently evolve our quality, sustainability, and risk management initiatives; driving productivity and profitability. The team focuses on continuously improving supplier relationships and building global and cross-functional partnerships, while meeting or exceeding financial targets through proactive mitigation of cost drivers.
The Sourcing Specialist provides support to the Global Merchandise Sourcing team for Disney Theme Parks & Resorts, assisting with the operational and organizational functions to develop and source merchandise under the strategic guidance of Manager, Sourcing within a given dept and/or sub-category of product.
- Assist in managing the merchandise sourcing & production of Softlines categories for domestic Disney Parks retail locations under guidance of Manager, Sourcing for the dept
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report (DTR)
- Highly skilled and experienced in most sourcing processes (ex Owns Global Spec Sheet and Tech Pack handover to suppliers; drives costing and sampling process and overall development timeline, etc.)
- Manage the workflow for data entry tasks including item setups, price changes, financial roadmaps, and invoicing.
- Contact suppliers to follow up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure supplier alignment with Disney processes and procedures
- Follow up with supplier communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP/TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with suppliers and global partners to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance. Provides input on supplier performance, as well as quarterly and annual vendor strategies
- Prepare any ad hoc reports as requested (production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- 2 years related experience, preferably in Retail Sourcing, Buying or Product Development
- Detail oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced organization
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities; able to handle multi-task projects and sustain multiple workflows
- Understanding of key retail financial metrics (IMU, COGR, COGS, etc.)
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication and computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders and drive efficient decision making
- Interest in understanding macroeconomic pressures and variables that influence global sourcing decisions
- Embraces diversity and treats others with respect
- Associate or Technical Degree
Preferred EducationBachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, International Studies or other related area of educational focus preferred
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise & Source Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Merchandise & Source Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.