Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 831478BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 02, 2021
- Assist in managing the merchandise sourcing & production of Hardlines categories for worldwide retail locations in partnership with the Associate Sourcing Manager and/or Manager, Sourcing.
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report, Development Boards, and Global Retail Plans.
- Manage the workflow of data entry tasks, including supplier setups, item setups, financial roadmaps, and invoicing.
- Provide accurate shipment status information from factories.
- Contact suppliers to follow up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues, and ensure supplier alignment with Disney processes and procedures.
- Follow up with supplier communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP, TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with suppliers and global partners to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and chargebacks due to non-compliance.
- Prepare any ad hoc reports as requested (production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- 2 years of related experience, preferably in Retail Sourcing, Buying or Product Development.Detail oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced and changing organization.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities; able to handle multi-task projects and sustain multiple workflows and deadlines.
- Easily adaptable to new and evolving processes, procedures, and systems.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication and computer skills. (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders and drive efficient decision making.
- Interest in understanding macroeconomic pressures and variables that influence global sourcing decisions.
- Passion for diversity and respect for others.
- Associate or Technical Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, International Studies or other related area of educational focus preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.