Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10054109 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Consumer Products Games & Publishing Date posted Jul. 18, 2023
The Sourcing Specialist, Global Sourcing develops and manages partnerships with best-in-class suppliers and internal stakeholders as they pertain to the sourcing and production of best-in-category Disney-branded merchandise. In partnership with Sourcing Manager, Global Sourcing, s/he is responsible for executing Sourcing strategies across categories and/or departments. The Sourcing Specialist, Global Sourcing will develop, collaborate and produce results with regard to product sample quality, time/cost efficiency and revenue growth. This person possesses knowledge of global development and sourcing processes, sampling and Product Lifecycle Management systems.
The Global Merchandise Sourcing team has nearly 100 team members in 6 different countries managing 450+ suppliers providing vertically developed merchandise for Disney stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and wholesale partners worldwide.
This position reports to Sourcing Manager, Global Sourcing, and provides support and assistance with operational and organization functions to develop and source merchandise under the strategic guidance of the Manager, Sourcing within a given department and/or sub-category of product.
Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Assist/Manage the merchandise sourcing & production of select product categories for Theme Parks & Resorts retail locations, Disney Stores, and alternative business model opportunities in partnership with the Manager, Sourcing
- Partner on vendor strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication and production management related to designated product categories
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality including monitoring quarterly Product Review Requests (PRRs) with product integrity partners
- Manage Development Tracking Reports (DTRS), sample tracking and approval processes throughout each development season
Productivity and Process
- Manage the workflow for data entry task Supplier Set Ups, price changes, financial roadmaps, and invoicing, and all Product Lifecycle Management data entry
- Contact vendors to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with Disney processes and procedures
- Follow up with vendor communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP/TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with vendors and ticket/label suppliers to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance
- Ensure all items are completed within PLM system to ensure on-time PO issuance
- Schedule and participate Production Handoff to the Responsible Sourcing and Production team at the end of each costing season
Collaboration and Communication
- Prepare standard any ad-hoc reports as requested (Time and Action Calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.)
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings and quarterly product line review meetings to understand key sourcing issues and action items
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners during weekly cross-functional meetings as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 1+ years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products
- Exposure to Sourcing & Production of multiple product categories
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers
- Ability to manage multiple SKU’s an timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple design and development partners, a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change and grow with organization
- Associate degree or Technical Degree in Merchandising/Product Development/Design, Business or Supply Chain or 1+ years of related experience
About Consumer Products Games & Publishing:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC, which is part of a business we call Consumer Products Games & Publishing.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.