Already applied?View Dashboard
Sourcing SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 563226BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Jun. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages….
Global Merchandise Sourcing is part of Disney Parks Experiences and Consumer Products and functions within the Physical Product Development organization. This organization is focused on product/merchandise strategy, product & design, product R & D/innovation, and merchandise sourcing. Through these centers of excellence we deliver high quality, innovative product that is safe and responsibly sourced to consumers in all retail channels around the world, while providing a unique guest experience. Global Merchandise Sourcing cultivates a thriving team and strong partnerships around the world and partners with best-in-class suppliers to consistently evolve our quality, sustainability, and risk management initiatives to drive productivity and profitability through strong internal/external partnerships and proactive mitigation of cost drivers. The team works towards continuously improving supplier relationships and cultivating global and cross-functional partnerships.
- Assist in managing the merchandise sourcing & production of Hardlines categories for domestic Disney Parks retail locations in partnership with Associate Sourcing Manager and/or Manager, Sourcing.
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report (DTR).
- Manage the workflow for data entry tasks including item setups, price changes, financial roadmaps, and invoicing.
- Provide accurate shipment status information from factory to DC.
- Contact suppliers to follow up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure supplier alignment with Disney processes and procedures.
- Follow up with supplier communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP/TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with suppliers and global partners to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance.
- Prepare any ad hoc reports as requested (production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- 2 years related experience, preferably in Retail Sourcing, Buying or Product Development.
- Detail oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities; able to handle multi-task projects and sustain multiple workflows.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication and computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders and drive efficient decision making.
- Interest in understanding macroeconomic pressures and variables that influence global sourcing decisions.
- Embraces diversity and treats others with respect.
- Associate or Technical Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, International Studies or other related area of educational focus preferred.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise & Source Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Merchandise & Source Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.