Sr Manager, Lic, HL, Disney & PixarApply NowApply Later Job ID 941555BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Provide Category vision and leadership, set strategic direction and manage Licensees portfolio.
- Identify growth opportunities, bringing on board new partners where necessary.
- Manage licensees including contract negotiation, problem-solving, review of product line planning, and marketing and retail activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics.
- Work with and foster collaborative relationship with Franchise Licensing, Product Development, Finance, Integrated Retail, Corporate Alliance, Ad Sales, Content Partners, Franchise Marketing, and Citizenship.
- Have fiscal responsibility for assigned categories include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process. Develop strategies and business plans by category, retailer and property.
- Develop and manage new business opportunities from concept and pitch, to licensee onboarding and contract signature.
- Work with Licensees, Integrated Retail and Product Development teams to plan product assortments that meet retailer needs by distribution channel.
- Analyze current retail placement to identify white space opportunities and implement with existing or new licensees.
- Prepare product presentations included but not limited to internal line reviews.
- Analyze account business performance and develop growth objectives.
- Support internal initiatives generated by the Franchise Marketing and Integrated Retail teams.
- Work with IRT to identify new opportunities and ensure execution within brand and franchise strategic guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, + 5-7 yrs. of directly related experience or Masters +3-5 yrs. experience. At least 5 yrs. experience at the Category Mgr./Sr. Mgr level within Disney or comparable organization
- The preferred candidate would have experience within a major Toy and/or Entertainment company
- Requires knowledge in basic finances, retail, category management, marketing and sales
- Analytical and contract negotiation/management skills
- Ability to manage a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Position may require some travel
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This position is based in Orlando, FL
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.