Sr Mgr-Global Merch Sourcing GPCApply NowApply Later Job ID 875070BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 01, 2021
The Senior Manager, Sourcing is responsible for leading and developing a high performing sourcing team made up of Sourcing Managers, Associate Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Specialists across multiple categories. The Senior Manager, Sourcing has responsibility for anticipating global market shifts and developing breakthrough ideas and processes to continually mitigate risk. This role will be responsible for guiding and driving short and long-term sourcing strategies, translating over-arching sourcing strategies into division level priorities and is accountable for all strategic details and decisions of all categories that are managed by their teams.
- Lead the Hardlines Sourcing team in building and executing Sourcing strategies across all categories/depts within the Home division – including Home Décor, Seasonal Collectibles, Tabletop/Drinkware and Parks Signature Experiences and Events
- Manage/oversee the merchandise sourcing & production of Hardlines categories for Owned & Operated Disney channels worldwide, and flexible business model opportunities
- Establish vendor strategies, product costing/placement, manage vendor relationships and production oversight related to Hardlines product categories.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality in alignment with Global Sourcing objectives.
- Lead the Hardlines teams to ensure on time delivery of merchandise to global locations of distribution
- Liaise with key partners within cross functional partners in Product Design, Brand Merchandising, Logistics, Product Integrity, etc.
- Ensure the individual teams within Hardlines Sourcing are directed towards clear targets in financials/margin expectations, product quality and execution, and delivery timing.
- Prepare standard any ad-hoc reports as requested (Time and Action Calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Provides Develops, mentors, and trains team, providing appropriate direction, resources, and environment needed for success.
- Manages global initiatives, projects, processes & resources to produce desired outcomes (Ensures that appropriate processes are launched and utilized to deliver safe products and environments for both Cast & Guests)
- Engages suppliers & colleagues across the organization to optimize performance, ensure Disney Quality Requirements, Protect the Brand.
- Drives continuous improvement internally and within supply base to elevate supplier performance with measurable results.
- Travels domestically and internationally to evaluate the viability of worldwide market opportunities, build vendor relationships, and continuously expand product knowledge/expertise.
- Uses product knowledge to drive leveraging opportunities across the segment and/or other Disney lines of businesses
- Manages best-in-class vendor base strategies to maximize profitability and minimize risk so that vendor base shows measurable progress YOY in all categories. (Earning the trust & respect of suppliers through facilitating win-win situations.)
- Identifies opportunities to leverage cross-category tools, information, processes and resources to optimize organizational performance and support.
- Seeks, develops and drives innovative negotiation strategies that lead to significant cost and/or efficiency savings.
- Uses understanding of product knowledge/markets by product category to guide team in supporting the creation of the supplier bidding strategy
- Develops and/or maintains a stable, socially compliant supply base that is 100% compliant in meeting all International Labor Standards and regulatory standards and other established supplier performance requirements.
- Uses tools to Manage & Mitigate risk, uncertainty, and threats to ensure continuity of supply, cost control, and quality assurance.
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products.
- Exposure to merchandise sourcing and production of multiple product categories. Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional leadership teams within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change and grow with the organization.
- Hardlines experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or equivalent in Retail or Supply Chain preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.