Sr. Product Integrity Engineer/Analyst-Sustainability InitiativesApply NowApply Later Job ID 865841BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
The Senior Engineer, Product Integrity – Sustainability Initiatives, will support product compliance and product claims substantiation activities in collaboration with product development and sustainability teams. As PI is partnering with stakeholders to support Disney’s Sustainability initiatives in the Global Products sphere, additional support is needed at an experienced level that has the ability for subject matter judgement and decision making under the supervision of leadership.
This role will partner with Global Product Creation, Sourcing, 3rd party test labs, Legal, and Corporate Citizenship to support our Company’s sustainability goals.
Responsibilities:Research, Operations and Product Reviews:
- Identify, analyze, and track current, new and emerging environmental/sustainability regulations globally, in partnership with existing teams
- Responsible for management and review of environmental claims library
- Maintain and update Disney Technical Product specifications, as required (Product Guidelines, Test Protocol, etc., pertaining to marketing claims of sustainable materials or environmental impact)
- Update Packaging and Labeling guides by ensuring alignment with substantiation of any sustainability claims
- Review, prepare and create working procedures related to environmental and sustainable materials claims on product packaging
- Periodic Review of sustainability and environmental impact claims on specific product packaging or packaging artwork
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers to ensure clarity of materials traceability requirements
- Review environmental claims made related to specific products including providing guidance to internal business partners on “green” product claims
- Collaborate with Sourcing, Brand Merchandising, Global Product Creation, and suppliers regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney sustainability requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Notify stakeholders of upcoming changes to regulations and Product Guideline revisions as they relate to the use of sustainable materials
- Benchmark industry best practices
- Support the development of a sustainability compliance roadmap for consumer products
- Over 4 years in consumer product compliance/safety
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient with MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of global environmental and sustainability regulations, issues, and trends
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within, and external to, an organization
- Bachelor of Science Degree Engineering, Bachelor of Arts Environmental Studies or equivalent, or equivalent applicable work experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.