Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Retail Data ScientistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621118BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
They will operate across a highly-matrixed, multinational organization and help drive the organization's strategic advantage through more in-depth analysis of structured and unstructured data available across DTPM. Candidates should have an inherent passion for data and data driven thinking and be adept at extracting patterns from volumes of data to drive strategy and operational efficiencies.
We will be considering talent to fill Scientist and Sr. Scientist level positions. Both will report to the Manager-Merchandise Business Intelligence.
• Support development of the advanced analytics practice: Develop best in class advanced analytics practice for DTPM and drive analytic culture across the planning and product development teams.
• Support BI Reporting: In collaboration with leadership, support the development of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards to highlight key performance indicators (KPI) across franchises, locations and channels. Work will include multi-source data integration and development in BI tools (Business Objects, Tableau, Teradata, MSSQL).
• Data Infrastructure: In collaboration with infrastructure in IT teams, make recommendations for data architecture strategy.
• Tool Assessment: Develop and deploy analytical tools and data science techniques to analyze complex data sets.
• Monitor trends in data science and alternative sources to ensure that DTPM is in tune with best in class tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the retail industry
• Three plus years of retail specific experience in analytics, insights, competitive intelligence, market research, or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage in a complex environment with multiple constituencies
• Deep expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodology including, but not exclusively, longitudinal analyses, multi-level modeling and multivariate analyses of variance
• Strong knowledge of databases, database architecture, data warehouses, and ETL processes
• Experience using analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, and R
• Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
• Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats
• Familiarity and experience with data visualization and executive communication
• Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trends
• High level of analytical and negotiating skills as evidenced by high intelligence, strong financial and analytical capabilities and the proven ability to develop, sell and drive suitable partnerships, alliances, or other transactions to closure
• Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
• Seven plus years of experience in market research, insights, analytics, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage in a complex environment with multiple constituencies (retail specific experience preferred)
• Ability to lead small teams
• Experience with Tableau
• High proficiency with SQL and Microsoft SSIS Packages
• Understanding of and experience with standard retail data warehouses
• Machine Learning application and experience
• AI assisted data analysis
• Good sense of graphic / visual design
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, applied mathematics, statistics, business analytics, economics, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree
- We strongly encourage applicants to upload a copy of their resume and to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for an interview.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.