Sr Fullstack Engineer
Kissimmee, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 669942BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 11/06/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products (DPECP) Technology combines custom and vendor technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the Cast Member and Theme Park Guest experience. Disney seeks forward-thinking technologists who are passionate about delivering quality products and enjoy working closely with business partners on strategic and tactical challenges. The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and be able to quickly lead a diverse team of talented individuals.
Responsibilities:This Senior Software Engineer position will develop front-end mobile-first web applications and backend services in the cloud to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the Cast Member and Theme Park Guest experience. The ideal candidate has a proven track-record of delivery responsive web applications in the cloud; The Senior Software Engineer is expected to play a critical role in:
- Design and develop mobile first approach responsive interactive web applications using modern technologies such as AngularJS, NodeJS and React
- Develop RESTful API services to support the front-end and back-end functionality
- Java development skills with a proven record of creating back-end software solutions
- Cloud based solution development on serverless technology
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Disciplined approach to software development, including defining and enforcing engineering best practices
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Expert level knowledge in Object Oriented Programming
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
- Ensuring best patterns and practices and adhering to high degree of product quality
- Leading and mentoring junior software engineers to ensure quality, standards, and compliance
- Eight years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components
- HTML5, Web components, and polyfills libraries
- AngularJS, React, NodeJS, Bootstrap framework and libraries
- Web API Services (REST)
- JSON Messaging
- Database Design / SQL / NoSQL
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Proven experience building full-stack mobile first web applications
- Proven experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories
- Proficient in writing technical documentation and providing engineering deliverables
- Experience in building full stack applications using AWS service platform
- Driving recommendations and implementing mobile solutions for our operations Cast Members
- Experience in Labor Systems or Workforce Management Domain
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools is a plus
- Experience in Big Data technologies, Machine Learning, Bot Technologies, and data integration between systems and analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.