Already applied?View Dashboard
Supply Chain Engineering AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 661850BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 26, 2019
Job Summary:Supply Chain Engineering is responsible for enabling business partners’ objective of maximizing product availability while minimizing end-to-end supply chain cost.
The group provides a unique end-to-end perspective to maximize profitability throughout the value chain.
It measures, analyzes and develops recommendations to continuously improve product availability while minimizing costs.
Supply Chain Engineering also designs and model cost-effective service, storage and transportation solutions to enable business long-term strategy/growth.
Finally the team provides industry expertise to identify, evaluate and offer innovative and relevant solutions to our partners.
The team supports Parks & Resorts as well as Disney Store globally.
Provide analysis and reporting support for merchandise and Food & Beverage supply chain optimization initiatives, focused mainly on 1) projects related to inventory/flow optimization, 2) process improvements that protect the brand, improve data integrity, and reduce time, 3) regular reporting on progress of merchandise LOB initiatives, 4) development of models/tools that decrease end to end costs while increasing service levels, and 5) in-depth studies of merchandise LOB performance, including development of recommendations for improvement. Merchandise LOB’s supported include Theme Parks and Resorts and Disney Stores.
- Assist with/facilitate identification of supply chain optimization opportunities, develop recommendations to close performance gaps, and assist with implementation. Includes the use of technology to streamline workload and improve data management.
- Provide data analysis support for studies/projects. Review findings/recommendations with project leaders and, as requested, present to executive leadership.
- Issue standard and ad hoc reports to the Supply Chain Engineering team and business leadership.
- Work with supply chain partners on process, data management and reporting challenges.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results
- Ability to partner and work effectively in a global environment
- Demonstrated expertise in using data management tools (Access, SQL, and/or similar)
- Experience with Visual Basic a plus
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent influencing and partnering skills
- 2-3 years experience in Supply Chain Management or related field a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering
- Masters Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain certificates/continuing education (CSCMP, APICS, other) a plus
Data management training/certifications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.