Sustainability Strategy ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10046142 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 10, 2023
At The Walt Disney Company, we’re committed to supporting a healthier planet by implementing measurable actions as we operate and grow our business. We have an opportunity for you to develop & implement strategies to achieve our sustainability goals.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Sustainability Strategy for Consumer Product, Games & Publishing Sustainability Strategy, the Sustainability Strategy Manager will support and influence the strategic direction towards achieving the sustainability goals for the CPGP organization (which includes merchandising, creative design, product design and development, planning, supply chain, and material sustainability). You’ll work on the essential development initiatives that will equip The Walt Disney Company to unlock its next wave of short-term and long-term growth in products, while delivering against our sustainability goals.
On any given day, as a Sustainability Strategy Manager you might:
- Develop strategies to achieve our sustainability goals. Strategies to focus on material selection and product innovation, product portfolio changes, packaging innovation, supplier operations including renewable heat and energy.
- Develop strategies to deliver Scope 3 Green House Gas reduction goal in the vertical business.
- Strategic development of processes and systems to measure and track progress for all vertical sustainability goals through key KPIs and supporting business metrics.
- Develop processes and systems to estimate the cost impacts of sustainability goals achievement, create and validate sustainability related claims on products, packaging and externally facing digital content related to our products.
- Develop a roadmap for initiatives and lead execution and partnership with key collaborators.
- Serve as day-to-day partner for sustainability matters, questions, or concerns across the vertical business, and provide line-of-sight to Senior Manager on daily business issues.
- Drive vision and help teams remove barriers through development of innovative approaches or strategies.
- Support strategies to identify key opportunities to scale product creation efforts, and streamline and simplify how we create and develop product globally.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the global merchandise business, including knowledge of licensed, vertical, and flexible business models.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to unlock areas of intersection / interdependency (“connect the dots”)
- Work with multi-functional project teams to deliver new business initiatives and/or evolve existing strategies while building and encouraging collaborative partnerships.
- Contribute to a positive culture that champions partnership, creativity, and innovation while driving accountability to results.
You Will Have
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- 5+ years of experience in a Sustainability related field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven analytical capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with working in—or with—large matrixed organizations
- Strong communication skills and capacity to develop and deliver presentations, including demonstrated experience in creating visually compelling decks and materials
- Teammate with track record for building strong working relationships
- Ability to balance shifting priorities to lead and deliver complex projects on time
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
This position is located in Kissimmee, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.