Sustainable Sourcing Manager-Supply Chain PackagingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10074593 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Consumer Products Games & Publishing Date posted Feb. 23, 2024
About the Role & Team
At The Walt Disney Company, our commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility drives our mission to integrate sustainable practices into every aspect of our supply chain. As a Sustainable Sourcing Manager - Supply Chain Packaging, you will play a critical role in driving our company's commitment to sustainability by identifying, evaluating, and engineering sustainable secondary and tertiary packaging solutions. You will work closely with our cross-functional product development teams to integrate sustainability considerations into our sourcing strategies and decision-making processes. You will evaluate existing packaging guidelines and define future improvements and standards.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement supply chain packaging strategies that align with our company's sustainability goals and objectives.
- Identify and evaluate sustainable materials and suppliers that meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with primary packaging engineers to optimize between primary and secondary/tertiary packaging.
- Create and approve technical drawings/die lines/Costing Mechanical Artwork (CMA), pallet and container load diagrams.
- Strategically reduce supply chain packing to reduce GHG impacts.
- Maintain working knowledge and perform ISTA testing.
- Operate packaging lab equipment to support development and testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate sustainability considerations into our development and sourcing processes.
- Assist in tracking and reporting on our progress towards our sustainability goals.
- Analyze trends and opportunities for solution longevity.
- Conduct market research and stay up to date on sustainable sourcing developments to continuously improve cost efficiency.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience (5+ years) in Packaging Engineering, Structural Design, Supply Chain, Distribution Packaging and/or Production
- High proficiency in industry-standard packaging engineering software and hardware, including Artios CAD, CAPE Pack, and Kongsberg.
- Familiarity with industry certifications, standards, and regulations related to sustainable sourcing and environmental sustainability.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers based on transparency and mutual sustainability goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a strategic mindset focused on achieving sustainability objectives.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Passion for sustainability and a deep commitment to reducing environmental impact through responsible sourcing practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science or a related field.
The position is on-site in Kissimmee, Florida. The expectation is to be in-office 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday, with the flexibility to work remotely on Fridays.
About Consumer Products Games & Publishing:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC, which is part of a business we call Consumer Products Games & Publishing.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.