Technical Director (CT)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 818665BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 09, 2021
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but are not limited to participation in creative development and coordinating/partnering with local and government authorities responsible for legal code compliance, including safety, engineering, permitting and ADA. Duties include coordinating bid processes and vendor selections with contracts and procurement, and managing vendor efforts including design development, construction and interaction with other party’s fabrication, shipping, installation and buy-off. The Technical Director supports/consults on maintenance, design/mounts of new shows and provide ongoing Entertainment Show Quality evaluations as part of implementation and operational planning and maintains project files, tech logs, design documents, bid packages, schedules and punch lists. As a leader for crew, and technical/production planners, the Technical Director provides leadership and functions as a mentor/developer and promotes company-wide standards and efficiencies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Technical Theater or Live Show Entertainment
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the operation and artistic application of a wide variety of show systems and technology, including audio, special effects, puppets, lighting, show control systems, video, facilities and rigging
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with entertainment industry state-of-the-art technologies
- Proven experience with facility design, engineering, and construction
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express creative ideas
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and able to meet deadlines
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills, often under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership, partnering and strategic planning skills
- Highly motivated requiring minimal direction and follow up
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD)
- Proven ability to support the creative process by collaborating with other designers, directors, writers, and producers
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and travel
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in live show development
- Proven business management experience
- Proficient in some or all of the following engineering disciplines: structural, mechanical, electrical, software, safety
- Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Technical Theater with focus on technical design, construction and production
- MS or MA in Technical Theater or equivalent with focus on technical design, construction and production
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Entertainment Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.