Trade Compliance Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 851624BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
- Represent Customs Operations by maintaining consultative communication with management and staff across multiple business functions.
- Research, review and assign accurate classifications of products and related materials based on the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) as documented by US Customs and Border protection (CBP), while considering varying interpretations by Customs in other importing subsidiary countries. Ensure corresponding duty rates are used based on the assigned classification.
- Ensure that review conducted is sustained within all regulatory mandates (inclusive of other potential duties implications such as Anti-Dumping applicable in the latest (2019) version)
- Work with Product Design, Development, and Manufacturing teams to identify opportunities for duty and other cost savings, and communicate potential compliance issues and regulatory requirements, while remaining true to the creative direction of the product.
- Train and educate internal departments and liaison offices in areas related to classification and government regulations that may affect the production and import of products. • Work with analysts and subject matter experts to facilitate trade processes, systems, tools and claims. Work with other departments to help develop the most effective solutions and/or tools to support supply chain decisions.
- Research trends, pending legislation, etc. to support trade compliance initiatives and cost saving opportunities.
- Participate in the development of corrective action plans according to process improvement principles such as Lean Administration or Six Sigma. Contribute to the development and documentation of new procedures, and help to improve and document current procedures that promote efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform daily operational tasks with supervision and/or collaboration.
- Product classification according to the HTS
- Submit for a binding ruling
- Providing ad hoc advice to cross functional peers
- Verification of qualification for preferential trade programs
- Prepare or review Post Entry documentation for presentation to US Customs, when applicable
- Apply analysis and critical thinking skills to recommend and implement solutions
- 5 plus years of professional experience in international trade and regulatory compliance such as:
- An expert in tariff classifications, with emphasis in the use of tools such as Informed Compliance Publications, Explanatory Rules, Rulings, court cases, etc.
- Background classifying footwear and/or apparel for US and international markets
- Dynamics of international commerce including export/import processes, national and foreign statutory and regulatory provisions, tariff and non-tariff barriers.
- Economic, market, political and other factors influencing trade objectives and positions.
- Agency, government and other programs related to foreign trade.
- Self-driven: Highly motivated by cause, rewarded by attained results
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in supply chain logistics/distribution, finance, accounting, international business, or a similar field of study.
- Additional professional certification such as a Customs Broker License, Lean or Six Sigma is desirable.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.