Already applied?View Dashboard
Trade Finance ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 652286BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 26, 2019
Job Summary:Manage daily operational issues related to trade finance. Support all trade finance initiatives and competencies, which include the areas of open accounts and L/C management, brokerage billing management, valuation, bank agreements, and internal audits.
Perform internal audits and compliance reviews for operations and provide continuous reports to upper management on current and all pending trade finance related issues. Create/update standard operating procedures for trade finance operations. Remain current on laws, regulation and practices effecting trade finance. Provide direction to trade finance cast and administrative support.
Create KPI to accurately measure and report on trade finance-related activities. Manage KPI analysis for various activities such trade finance performance. Prepare trade performance-related data reports and metrics.
- Implement objectives, policies and procedures manual and user manuals for trade finance management
- Review requirements of business units in terms of operational support and discuss in detail with concerned business units
- Ensure the change-over to new systems and processes is smooth and error-free
- Execute projects related to trade finance operations, ensure their timely completion, achievement of objectives and cost efficiencies
- Execute transactions within pre-set standardized turnaround times for all trade finance activities and service level agreements with business units
- Review department delivery processes with a view to ensure smooth workflow within the department, reduce turnaround times and achieve efficiency and cost benefits
- Ensure that all transaction processing is in compliance with regulatory and bank’s policies, procedures and standards with prompt intervention to resolve problems/concern areas
- Manage maintenance of transaction records, documents and create archival system for easy retrieval
- Ensure proper check and balance approach for trade finance processes
- Monitor customer trade transactions, settlements and report any exceptions to concerned unit
- Develop and maintain relations with partner banks and central bank in order to facilitate and ensure smooth working support and quick resolution of issues/concern areas
- Direct, train and motivate subordinates to perform to consistently high standards in a team environment
- Prepare regular reports and analysis for senior management for effective monitoring and control.
- Manage all aspects of international settlements including: letters of credit, documentary collections, and open accounts.
- Assist in identifying potential clients that require L/C advice, supporting customers with import & trade finance solutions.
- Customer relationship maintenance including account opening for new clients, collecting customer information, including company searches/KYC checks, where applicable.
- Prepare all associated documentation ensuring compliance to internal processes & controls whilst liaising with internal departments within the bank.
- Liaise with Internal / External Audit teams.
- Audit EDI generated Letters of Credit requests, initial and amended, prior to approval of issuance by Bank for Lines of Business.
- Audit bank advises of payment reports and debits.
- Audit brokerage billing.
- Monitor bank service performance and quality.
- Receive and investigate advice of negotiation discrepancies.
- Partner with line of business finance groups to resolve reconciliatory items.
- Partner with corporate finance, line of business finance groups and corporate banks to ensure that vendors are paid correctly and funds are properly documented.
- Liaison for international payment issues with vendors.
- Identify and work with vendors on strategies to reduce international banking fees.
- Responsible for Commission Letter of Credit and payment reclass.
- Setup/create, and maintain vendors, L/C templates, and grouping rules for Letter of Credits.
- Administrate LAN based Letter of Credit System and EDI to bank.
- Administrate Internet based Letter of Credit System and EDI to bank.
- Quarterly Letter of Credit activity reports.
- Commission Letter of Credit and payment reclass reports.
- L/C and bank audit results.
- Quarterly Broker management audit results.
- Quarterly Trade Finance Performance Metrics/KPIs.
- Being an agent for change, who utilizes business designs and solutions towards trade finance action and anticipate future requirements to ensure long-term risk management.
- Exhibit the leadership skills necessary to handle priorities and to find common ground and solutions when there are conflicts in those priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English.
- Demonstrate relevant knowledge gained within a banking or financial services environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade finance related laws, documentary credit, covenants and practices.
- Able to work with high levels of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure with the aptitude to learn are essential.
- Experience in working on banking systems, though not essential, will be an advantage.
Required EducationA bachelor’s degree or higher, specializing in banking, finance or international business, with 3-5 years experience.
Preferred EducationCertified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.