Trade Operations SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005828 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Trade Operations Specialist is responsible for day-to-day compliance with Customs classification and trade regulations for Disney Cruise Line. As part of the Trade and Customs compliance team, the Specialist’s role is to ensure that Disney adheres to all governmental regulations and laws for both Import and Export activities to avoid risks that may result in fines and penalties to the organization. Full knowledge of Import / Export tariff classification process as well as understanding rules and regulations involving EAR and ECCN controls are critical to this role. It is also import to have export control experience with electronics, industrial raw material components and electronic machinery equipment. The Specialist is responsible for ensuring proper recordkeeping, valuation, quantity, country of origin and product classification as well as exercising “reasonable care” at all times while executing their job responsibilities.
- Provide tariff classifications as need for both Imports and Exports shipments
- Participate in team efforts to obtain proper tariff classification of products as well as guidance on use of materials regulated by OGA’s
- Proactively monitor all daily activities with Disney’s business units supported
- Manage Export controls, record keeping requirements
- Collaborate with our Customs Compliance team in business’s Customs inquiries
- Identify and resolve issues hindering third Party screening with Disney’s Trade Compliance team
- Validate with our compliance team that tariff classification does comply with EAR, ECCN regulations
- Review SPECS sheets and other data provided (this includes interaction with sourcing teams) to ensure they are correct in order to assign an HTS
- Verify values and included additional charges on the commercial invoice prior to submitting to Broker
- Verify commercial import documentation prior to arrival for ease of clearance. Examples could include proactively addressing missing LACEY ACT, TSCA certificates for footwear invoices
- Resolve all discrepancies between commercial and PO data and any other issues affecting the Customs entry process. (i.e. Utilize pro-active approach with the broker for missing, incorrect or incomplete data.)
- Assist in preparing periodic reporting, performed monthly
- Engage in informal sessions with team members pertaining to tariff classification issues and participate in skills development training session (ex: Customs Webinars) on how to improve classifications skills to ensure maximum performance in execution of the role
- Engage with Operations Analysts in the creation of training programs to business associates; working across internal departments including Merchandise, Product Integrity, Product Development, Accounting, Inventory, Sourcing & Procurement, Distribution, and Logistics
- General knowledge of import/export programs, including overall EAR and ECCN for exports controls
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Good analytical and database management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact effectively with other team members
- A self-starter, able to work in group sessions
- Able to designate Import / Export tariff classifications in multiple chapters of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (minimum 2 years)
- Applying ECCN requirements for export shipments (minimum 2 years)
- Knowledge of CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission)
- Knowledge of FDA
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in international business studies or 3 + years of experience in the industry
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.