VP-Location StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 865863BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
- Responsible for influencing and translating the pre-season global product strategy to each owned and operated location while linking to regional business objectives.
- Provide leadership to field teams who are imbedded within the business in Orlando and Anaheim at the Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, and Disney Signature Experiences and at our global Disney Store Flagships.
- Accountable for delivering the best expression of all brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, 21CF & National Geographic) by creating quarterly retail assortment strategies that align with specific location profiles and themes within each channel.
- Owns in-season adjustments to the retail strategy to optimize opportunities and mitigate stock challenges in partnership with planning, allocation and visual merchandising.
- Accountable for integrating and executing retail strategies linked to the long-term plan, annual plan, capital plan and all strategic initiatives.
- Drives the development of the merchandise capital plan and integrated facility plan including the annual needs assessment, business case development and capital authorization.
- Influences merchandising and planning teams to advocate for regional specific needs within the global merchandising plan.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive executive retail leadership experience in planning, finance, buying and/or merchandising.
- Proven experience in developing long-term strategic plans and a track record for driving the development of business cases that deliver major new initiatives.
- Proven ability to analyze business opportunities and develop a plan to grow the base business.
- Strong understanding of space planning, retail mapping and adjacencies.
- Strong business, analytical and financial acumen with a proven track record of driving results.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with cross functional partners and a diverse set of stakeholders, lead in a collaborative style as well as communicate in an engaging, impactful manner.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate to regional President and Steering Committees and influence major decisions.
- Retail leadership experience managing multiple regions and channels
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business or Finance
- Master’s Degree in Business or Finance
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.