Workers’ Compensation Claims RepresentativeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 831629BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 07/21/2021
ResponsibilitiesThe qualified candidate will be responsible for the investigation, management, and disposition of Florida workers' compensation claims for the Walt Disney World Resort and affiliated companies. Candidates should be comfortable presenting training and information sessions to an audience and to leaders across the Resort. The qualified candidate will participate in initiatives to meet department’s goals. Candidates must be willing to have periodic on-call responsibilities, which in some cases will necessitate responding to incidents after hours.
- Florida 6-20 All-Lines Adjuster license in good standing
- Minimum of 3 years workers’ compensation claims handling experience
- Demonstrated ability to administer litigated claims, including experience in depositions, hearing testimony, mediation, and comprehensive case evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions
- Proven ability to deliver concise and informative written summaries in memo and presentation format, with appropriate business writing and usage of professional grammar
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of Cast Members
- Ability to work under deadline pressures and effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building, negotiating, and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with automated claims administration and management systems
- Demonstrated understanding of medical and legal terminology
- Ability to complete compliance related claims documentation to support federal and state reporting
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TEAMS
- Ability to work in multiple computer programs and in a paperless claims environment.
- 3-5 years claims handling experience adjusting Florida Workers' Compensation claims
- Proven Third Party Administrator or Employer Self-Administered workers' compensation claims handling
- Proven bilingual ability
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.