Senior Executive / Assistant Manager - Product & Revenue Strategy, AsianetApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055522 Location Kochi, India / Chennai, India Business The Walt Disney Company (India) Date posted Aug. 25, 2023
About the Role:
This role is expected to be a key link between Content team and Sales teams and drive the brand philosophy and sales/revenue strategy for the channel to optimize channel inventory. This will be done through effective forecasting, planning, pricing and property integrations based on deep understanding of customer needs and patterns.
Asianet is the No 1 Malayalam entertainment channel. It has been the most watched channel among the Malayalis for more than a decade. Asianet Movies is the No 1 Malayalam movie channel which is Kerala’s biggest theatre. Asianet Plus is our second entertainment channel under Asianet network with array of programs like fiction, non fiction and movies.
Strategic / Policy related KRAs
- Implementing the revenue strategy for the channel/cluster basis channel objectives, budget for the year, market scenario, competition, etc. to ensure the sales organization achieves overall revenue target
- Develop deeper insight and understanding of the dynamic market requirements through advertiser/client interaction, propose solutions more suited to client needs, hence resulting in better monetization of advertising opportunities
- Facilitate client and brand-wise spend monitoring on each channel in the cluster and on corresponding competitive channels, and evaluate competitive channel performance within and outside genre
Operational / Process / Technology related KRAs
- Building an understanding of the industry and clients through industry reports, trends, articles, BARC data to know plans of our key clients and categories to pre-empt the sales team for proactive pitching.
- Analyse market trends, Media performance versus Brand parameters and other critical trends.
- Support creation of pitch and evaluation of the pitch of annual deals and mega deals
- Engage with sales teams for ensuring revenue rationalization by tracking the funnel/pipeline for a healthy business and designing attractive packages for them to take to the market.
- Providing frontline support through reporting and analytics - Equipping the sales team with data insights so they can handle queries from clients and media planners/buyers with confidence.
- Evolve constantly on current methodologies & tools to incorporate new approaches to advertisers & sponsors
- Work on comprehensive presentations for reviews as required
- BI & Other Qualitative/Quantitative Reports -Generating relevant reports proactively using BI, BARC and other tools to enable sales team with relevant data points
Financial Accountability / Commercial Impact
- Execute impact/ non FCT elements that convert to higher revenue generation
- Work with finance and PRS lead to develop annual budgets for respective channels as per company goals
- Support creation of annual deals & monthly deals, monitoring channel performance within & outside Genre
- Identify & highlight opportunities to CSP/ RH/CH
- Timely and accurate submission of the budget and reforecast as required and comprehensive view of the performance of the channels
- Presentation of the review in the format as required
- Provide quantifiable inputs which influences favourable decision making by clients and shapes direction of business strategy
- Qualification: MBA
- With 5+ years of post-qualification experience, preferably from Business consulting/ strategy background
- Business Acumen
- Planning and organizing
- Influencing Skills
- Result Orientation
- Negotiation Skills
About Disney Star:
Disney Star is a leading media & entertainment company in India that reaches over 700 million viewers a month in nine different languages. Our entertainment portfolio which cuts across general entertainment, movies, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content generates over 20,000 hours of original content every year.
Disney+ Hotstar, India’s leading streaming platform, enables us to reach and entertain audiences anywhere, anytime. Disney+ Hotstar has changed the way Indians consume their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas.
With leadership positions in every segment it occupies, Disney Star has been redefining the media landscape for more than 30 years now, anchored on the three pillars of storytelling, innovation, and an unwavering focus on delivering to the expectations of our audiences.
Join us, and let's continue to inspire a billion imaginations.
About The Walt Disney Company (India):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (India).