Assistant Manager, DCVI & Content Localization, OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 885901BR Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 10, 2021
- Candidate will handle all aspects of localization productions (dubbing and subtitle) to support the localization effort in Malaysia.
- Oversee key and important title, creative involvement including translation, recording, vocal direction, mixing, etc. in Bahasa Malay dubbing.
- Designate dubbing directors, translators, adapters for all dubbing projects in the territory.
- Operations scope include dubbing project scheduling and project management.
- Administration work including contract administration, archive and some finance related areas.
- Responsible for translation (dubbing & subtitle) and cultural adaptation.
- Oversee end to end localization workflow.
- May need to attend recording and mixing sessions from time to time.
- Understanding of dubbing industry development in respective territories and report to team about the trends, usage of languages and other local information of dubbing and entertainment industries.
- Closely communication with dubbing studios, establish and maintain key relationship with key and high-quality dubbing director, translators and talents in the territory.
- Subtitle review and proofreading skills (both Malaysian and Simplified Chinese subtitles)
- Candidate will also work closely with different teams in Burbank, London and Singapore, or Asia team members.
- Music productions and knowledge is a plus.
- Technical and mixing knowledge is a plus.
- University graduated.
- 5 years+ working experience in media and/ or creative related field.
- Proven experience in translation, localization and language quality management.
- Basic knowledge of entertainment industry.
- Cultural sensitivity is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong written and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizing and research delivery skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude towards work, willing to travel and work weekends if required. Mature and independent personalities. Must be a team player and work under pressure.
- Excellent command of English, Bahasa Malay, Mandarin (both oral and written)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.