Disney+, Assistant Manager - Curation & PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 771310BR Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 24, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Assistant Manager, Curation & Planning, will be an integral part of the Disney+ team in the local market. This position will be responsible for providing assistance in implementing programming plans and articulating and implementing content merchandising and curation plans for Disney+ in Malaysia. The role is vital in terms of providing support and recommendation to ensure subscribers are engaged via a calendar of editorial initiatives that support content discovery and time spent viewing, critical to supporting broader business KPIs of subscriber retention and customer lifetime value.
The role will also be responsible for coordinating all aspects of operational content workflows locally and manage all Content Management System related processes (metadata, layout, page editorial, thematic collections) with a focus to drive efficiency and timely execution of content plans.
- Assist and advise in creating high-impact, curated programming events that leverage TWDC brands and franchises
- Collaborate with colleagues locally and internationally, especially Marketing and Analytics teams, to align plans and amplify reach and engagement across all our customer touchpoints
- Assist in managing and developing an editorial calendar for multiple content genres and markets
- Provide editorial recommendation on customer needs, content discoverability and ongoing product development
- Responsible for scheduling and merchandising the content on the service
- Track the alignment of local planning strategies with overall global planning strategy
- Engage with global stakeholders to assess library content for inclusion on Disney+ based on set criteria.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking content delivery with the various Ops teams, ensuring all content for Disney+ is received and classified within set timeframes to ensure timely availability on service
- Advise, as and when required, in terms of classification of content in accordance with classification standards, undertaking classification training as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive experience in slate planning, content strategy, content curation, and with SVOD experience.
- Deep understanding of The Walt Disney Company content library, brands, franchises, and characters that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including hands-on management of web, app, streaming, and connected devices
- Strong collaborator with experience working with local, regional and global teams
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- Local awareness and experience in local entertainment scene in addition to international fare
- Familiar with data analytics, local content guidelines and practices
- Experience in local media viewership patterns and preferences, with a focus on SVOD platforms
- Fluent in Bahasa language (spoken and written)
- Adopts a challenging and questioning approach, proposing information and solutions in creative ways
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication and engaging presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with good communications skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to leverage on data to develop strategy/decisions
- Analytical mind-set, ability to apply data and insights to strategy to drive results.
- Champion of Change
- PC/ Computer systems literate is a must. Expert level in the use of MS Words, Excel and PowerPoint
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.