DTR & Key Account Manager – Singapore & MalaysiaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734052BR Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 19, 2019
The role is responsible of creation & delivery of in-market Direct To Retail (DTR) strategy as well as develop and execute relevant plans across key accounts that fit our strategies to ensure the delivery of long term sustainable growth.
The day to day objectives will be to manage licensee relationships, manage the forecasting process, and ensure alignment with the wider Retail & Licensing strategies and priorities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the retail market landscape in primarily Malaysia
- Develop an understanding of the workings of different retail channels – department stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, CVS, specialty stores and e-commerce channels
- Maximize key account categories by adopting a consumer centric approach to develop and implement strategic plans with customized approach for demographic and/or retail channel
- Input into development of Regional DTR strategy – localize, optimize and align regional strategy to market
- Deliver against AOP Target on DTR and key accounts
- Identify strengths and gaps in local DTR business – analysis by category, demographic, franchises, market intel
- Develop 12/ 24 months’ business projections across key retail channels
- Develop a pitch pipeline to approach top players across channels mapped against a timeline
- Work with local/ regional creative team to develop tailored pitches to channels
- Pitch and onboard new partners across fashion categories and hypermarket channels.
- Manage the relationship with the licensee from end – to end including contract negotiations and fulfillment
- Identify strengths and gaps – analysis by category, demographic, franchises, market intel
- Develop and grow accounts - Create a custom Joint Business Plan calendar with specific deliverable and commercial milestones
- Create a tracking document to measure identified action points in JBP and requisite action points
- Work closely to keep local and regional finance teams and Head of DTR / KA aligned on delivery against Revenue
- Build strong relationships with leads in other countries to facilitate best practice sharing
- Generate bespoke marketing campaigns for licensees in conjunction with retail marketing
- Responsible for forecasting process and forecast accuracy for licensees within assigned categories
- Support International Labor Standards (ILS) including expediting approvals.
- Work closely with the Creative team on product development strategy and executions
- Support team development activities, research projects, category meetings & licensee summits
- Collaborate with other cast members and lines of business to maximize synergy and leverage on the strength of Disney across businesses
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required:
- Extensive working experience in the retail industry or related field
- Brand Management experience is preferred
- Degree trained in business studies, marketing or a related field
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally at all levels
- Can thrive within a large corporate environment, understands the dynamics and challenges of a matrix organisation
- Results-oriented, keen to challenge status quo, introduce new business practices and take calculated risks
- Ability to prioritise key objectives and deliverables
- Highly numerate
- Well-developed commercial and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable skills of how you are a team player
- Professional excellence and a ‘can do’ attitude are essential
- Thinks strategically – Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve objectives with own categories.
- Builds relationships – Establishes external relationships with key stakeholders. Engages colleagues across the Disney organisation to optimise performance
- Communicates effectively – Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications. Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans
- Drives Results – Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans. Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.