Manager, Ad Sales (Digital & Events)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711478BR Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
The primary goal of this role entails generating advertising sales revenue from client for Malaysia mainly on ESPN.com, Foxsportsasia.com and Stadium Astro.com. The secondary goal includes creating new Non-TV IPs (on digital, on-ground) for brands like Nat Geo, ESPN, Fox and Disney; generating sponsorship revenues as per given target.
- Responsible to deliver revenue against a target which will be 60% on digital assets and 40% on events created under TWDC brands like Nat Geo, Fox Sports, Fox Life, Disney and Fox Movies
- To manage the relationship with the key decision makers (Media directors, Marketing heads) of various advertising partners in Malaysia.
- Strategic inputs on the sales related functions of team to the HOS of Malaysia - Rate card & product costing
- To provide weekly sales forecast and pacing report to the HOS of Malaysia
- To assist in any other management report when required by the HOS of Malaysia
- To provide sales and market condition updates on a regular basis
- Expected to assist in planning and executing of sales strategy
- To provide creative ideas and custom solutions to the marketplace
- Coordination with various TWDC offices for regional advertisers
- Will be responsible for creating and managing non-TV IPs like Earth Day Run on Nat Geo, Fox Movies Festival, Hunt for ESPN sports anchor, etc.
- Developing the advertising market for ESPN digital properties for brands who wish to target Malaysia, ASIA, US or European consumers on ESPN and Fox Sports digital properties.
- 5+ years of Ad Sales experience, preferably in digital/ad tech environment. Additionally, any experience in events selling space will be advantageous.
- Extensive experience in Malaysia with knowledge of other SEA markets is a must.
- Willingness to travel for client visits within Malaysia.
- A team player with strong sales and account servicing skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial, creative approach to sales with a proven ability to work with business development and marketing to generate revenue and long-term partnership opportunities
- Ability to think of new non-TV IPs to generate revenues leveraging on strong brands of TWDC like ESPN, Nat Geo, Fox, etc.
- Excellent people/relationship skills and the ability to transcend boarders/cultures
- Strong negotiation and deal making abilities
- Strong spoken and written communication in English, Mandarin is a plus.
- Strong presentation skill
- A reputation for excellence sales and getting things done and able to break new grounds
- Self-confident and resilient with a high energy level and enthusiasm.
- Self-motivated and will rise to all challenges and provide the hard work when necessary to succeed.
- Dynamic and forward-thinking.
- Independent and reliable.
- Must have the presence and record of accomplishment that will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility within ESPN, Disney and externally.
- A strong flare for sales and always proactive.
- Rich network and contacts within the marketplace
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to any change of direction rapidly to meet the dynamic needs of ESPN, Disney.
- A tough and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex and sophisticated business situations.
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills as well as exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate to wide variety of audiences
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to gain and enhance the respect and trust of superiors, peers and subordinates when apply.
- Must be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.
- Knowledge of sports, especially football not a must but good to have.
- Acts as a role model for TWDC standards
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.