Senior Manager, Business DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 707390BR Location Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 18, 2019
To work closely with Head of Sales APAC & SEA to develop and drive monetization strategy for all TWDC channels; provide strategic direction to the team whilst maximizing the advertising sales effort for Malaysia.
- Responsible to drive business development opportunities; generating revenue from clients who don’t advertise on TV (advertisers from print, outdoor, digital, events, etc.)
- Forge partnerships with other media companies and bundle airtime with print inventory, digital inventory sell to new set of clients
- Create and sell new IPs and properties which are beyond TV, for example Earth Day Run
- Develop new on-air branding opportunities. Work with partners like Astro to develop new on-air innovations like virtual branding on live events, etc. which can be sold to clients beyond inventory sell.
- Responsible for building synergies within existing businesses of TWDC to achieve common objectives
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of clients and partners
- Build and maintain business relationships with key clients for the generation of new and repeat business
- Drive partnership performance, engage with key partners and deliver excellent service
- Work with the regional head of Media + to grow revenue and partnerships for CP, studios using appropriate IP
- Strong track record of driving sales and business development in challenging environments
- Non-TV sales experience (e.g. experience in selling financial services to high net worth individuals or from automobile selling)
- Ideally 15+ years’ experience in advertising sales and within the media/digital industry
- Strong understanding of the agency and consumer landscape in market
- Consistently builds on industry trends and business issues
- Good understanding of the clients/partners that exist in market
- Deep connection/understanding of the media landscape and sales ecosystem & metrics
- Conceptual and Strategic thinker
- Ability to build strong relationships, partner and network with clients/agencies
- Proven track record of being a team player
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to drive results through collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Capable of examining issues from a broad perspective, considering impact beyond immediate scope
- Inspires creativity and innovation in others
- Strong ability to problem-solve
- Excellent client management skills
- Proven ability to drive engagement, instil trust and inspire a team
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to optimize resources, processes etc
- Acts as a role model for TWDC standards
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.