Assistant Manager, Global SecurityApply NowApply Later Job ID 765826BR Location Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 24, 2020
- Operates and manages Disney’s security function for TWDC Hong Kong & Taiwan under the Vice President’s guidance.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the regions daily operational with minimal supervision and tactical security planning initiatives to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability that may result in financial loss to the company.
- The expectations of this position include leading meetings independently with partners internally and externally to ensure complete partnership and a coordinated and effective security program is successfully executed across the region.
- Assist the Vice President for the overall operational planning and implementation of TWDC’s risk reduction standards and procedures.
- Assist the Vice President to identify and analyze loss indicators for company assets and businesses, develop methods and procedures for consistency and compliance with established security standards.
- Participates in resource networks in support of all or some of: regional risk assessments, investigations, intelligence, security systems architecture/design and other programs and services evaluated as enhancements to the security function.
- Works with Vice President on the approach, deployment, and execution of security investigations.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with local law enforcement and government agencies, appropriate foreign national agencies and private sector counterparts.
- Coordinates and works with the Vice President as well as Global Security Department’s Threat Assessment and Crisis Management group on the communications and response process for rapid deployment of information and resources in the event of emergencies and/or security related activity in the region.
- Assists with development and implementation of security education and awareness programs.
- Bachelor degree. Graduate degree an advantage.
- 5 years plus working with minimum 2 years in an international company
Knowledge and Core Skills:
This position requires a high degree of sound, independent judgment and capability. The incumbent will provide leading, professional and innovative, world class security solutions to unique, spontaneous and business critical issues that influence the security of employees, as well as the protection on The Walt Disney Company’s product, reputation, intellectual property and facilities.
- The candidate will have experience in assisting the Security team on security issues confronting multi-national organizations in Hong Kong.
- Proven ability to work with, influence, manage, and/or lead others in a complex and diverse work environment.
- Basic knowledge of specific requirements imposed by government agencies, and ability to communicate those to LOB’s and personnel to mitigate security issues.
- Experience in information safeguarding, educational security and/or retail loss prevention an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security management concepts especially physical security, information protection and crisis management/emergency preparedness.
- Highly ethical and professional, with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with a multi-vendor/consultant network.
- Demonstrated presentation skills to business operations and management.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, well considered decisions in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated positive behaviors and attitudes in seeking solutions and outcomes for the Global Security Department and business partners.
- Mandarin and Cantonese is required. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Professional Qualifications – a certification in security, safety, fire protection, customs, information security and/or first aid area required;
- International certification such as Certified Protection Professional, Certified Fraud Examiner and/or Information Security Management Systems, an advantage
Additional Information:Working Relationships
- Internal - Global Security, Line of Business management and operations personnel, Corporate Operations and Real Estate (CORE), Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Management Audit, Anti-Piracy.
- External – Government Agencies/Departments including but not limited to: Law enforcement, Fire Department, Embassy, security vendors and consultants; other external entities deemed appropriate.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).