Manager, Logistics OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 985354BR Location Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 23, 2022
Responsibilities:Daily Operations Management
- Manage efficient product flow and strategies via exceptions management to meet product demand.
- Manage all shipments from Supplier cancel date, delivery compliance, consolidation, to distribution center appointments utilizing system to accomplish consistent days in transit.
- Manage the forecast of upcoming volume Carrier needs and commitments.
- Logistics network flow optimization – lane, hub and flow processes
- Freight terms optimization – Convert Supplier managed freight costs imbedded in first cost to Disney managed freight
- Manage the system users daily operations – ready to ship, planning, shipment tendering, consolidation, delivery receipt, audit and payment.
- User operating guidelines, training and performance
- Domestic – FTL, LTL, Parcel, Special Haul, 3PL and International – Ocean, Drayman, Int’l Air, 3PL
- Performance dashboards and metrics standards
- Quarterly supply chain partner performance continuous improvement feedback sessions and action planning.
- Logistics systems access and Supplier shipment booking management
- Training manual, training and improvement/issues resolution
- Route guides
- Supplier scorecards and metrics
- Create and maintain the Logistics Client Service Policy quarterly metrics, scorecards and dashboard.
- Identify variances, reasons and coordinate Logistics management quarterly internal and external reviews to drive continuous improvement
- Inbound reporting – status of orders to merchants, planning and distribution center.
- Logistics models for our Clients (e.g. estimated landed cost estimates/actual, cycle time, alternative transit costs, etc)
- Client Freight Account Reconciliation (Paid, Received, ELC/ALC, ITM Opt)
- Identify spend variance reasons and strategize solutions
- Manage all contract negotiation spend impacts and reporting
- Logistics Budgets, cause of change and five year planning
- Manage projects as identified in our business planning process that drive improvements in service, cost systems or other areas as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supply chain or logistics position, or related field
- International logistics network experience a plus
- ORACLE OTM experience a plus
- Experience with supply chain optimization models and analysis
- Project Management
- Strong computer and financial assessment and modeling skills
- SQL proficiency
- Proven experience and strong understanding of data cleansing and validation techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent Guest/Customer focus
- Industrial Engineering experience a plus
- Supervisory Leadership experience
Additional Information!:KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
Managers, WALT DISNEY WORLDâ Company, DISNEYLANDâ, HONG KONG DISNEYLANDâ, DISNEYLAND PARISâ, The Disney Storesâ, USA, Sourcing/Procurement, Inventory Management, Merchandise/Food/General Supplies/MRO Operations, Distribution Center, Customs Compliance, IT, Finance
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.