Network Engineer (Contract)
Kwun Tong, KLN - HKApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 677902BR Location Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong SAR Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 13/06/2019
Job Summary:This position, reporting to the APAC Telecom Manager, is responsible for interfacing with our business units to provide telecom/network/voice consultancy services and solutions to meet our business units’ requirements, goals and objectives. This position is required to practice structured network engineering/design life cycle from requirement gathering/documentation, design, cost assessment, vendor management, changes coordination and project implementation.
This position is on 12 months contract, with possible further extension.
- Function as a technical consultant and work closely with the global Telecom/Network engineering team to provide networking solutions for APAC region.
- Translate the Business Unit requirements to solutions that complies with the Disney networking and security architecture standards.
- Provide project management services for networking related projects in the APAC region.
- Collaborate closely with Disney outsourced partner on network design and implementation.
- Provide capacity planning and financial management for APAC neowork.
- Act as a 3rd Level escalation point for major incidents.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of solid experience in the networking field.
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience in enterprise networking with expert knowledge and experience in technology integration and network/security design.
- Hands-on experience in different routing protocol (e.g. BGP, OSPF etc), IP Telephony, wireless and firewall technology.
- Exposure to and knowledge of IPv6, AWS cloud, network overlay will be an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick starter, mature, independent, responsible and self-motivated
- Good command of English (Mandarin a plus)
- The ability to work in a diverse culture environment
- The willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Business unit's management team and local IT staff in the region, as well as Global Telecom Strategy & Engineering team members in US.
Network equipment vendors and carriers
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.