Oracle & Sqlserver Database Administrator
Kwun Tong, KLN - HKApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 711634BR Location Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong SAR Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 10/10/2019
DBA role requires to be part of an international DBA team and a high amount of collaboration with the IT technology teams in APAC regions.
- Maintenance and Administration of DB Server Instances into Prod-Stage-Dev environment
- Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers.
- Implementation and Maintenance of DB Server Clustering (Active/Passive and always ON).
- Setup security, auditing and data encryption as per best practices and security best practices
- Setup, Monitoring and troubleshooting of routine maintenance jobs (Backup/Restore, Indexing, Database Consistency Checks, batch jobs,).
- Development of Automated Monitoring System to track schema level changes, using System Tables
- Development and Implementation of Disaster Recovery plan, processes and procedures.
- Administration and maintenance of SQL Server and Oracle ( 11g and 12c ) databases.
- Created users, Logins, assigned roles and object level permissions for Security Maintenance
- Upgrade, Migration, consolidation of Server instances and databases
- Documentation, troubleshooting for DBA team lead and support to users
- Participate in team roster and providing shared telephone coverage
- Apply changes to systems & procedures in accordance with Disney Standards
- Publish incident and service information to the Disney IT Community
- Participate in security and vulnerability auditing and reporting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Manage, co-ordinate, and maintain relationships with 3rd party support staff in providing support to clients.
- Responsible for maintaining asset records for hardware and software in the offices where support is provided.
- Enforce corporate standards for hardware and software procurement and operation.
- Enforce compliance with various local legislative requirements from an IT perspective including software licensing.
Basic Qualifications:Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 4+ years hands-on database administration experience of Oracle (11g and 12c) and SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and Sqlserver 2014 database management
- Experience with implementing and administering SSAS, SSRS and SSIS.
- Knowledge or preferably experience of Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Hands-on experience of tuning Oracle and SQL Server database performance
- Knowledge or hands-on experience of Oracle Data Guard
- Hands-on experience of SQL Server and Oracle disaster recovery scenarios/ cases
- Proficient in Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server T-SQL
- Proficient in Linux scripting and DOS/Windows scripting
- Exposure to Cloud technology in terms of database management is beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Being a team player
- Excellent planning, organizing, and leadership/supervisory skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- Methodical, disciplined approach
- Business acumen
- Aptitude for technology
- Analytical skills
- Committed to service excellence and continuous improvement
- Highly developed and flexible communication skills
- Embraces and seeks out change
- Methodical, disciplined approach
- Inter cultural skill to manage peers across APAC Region and internationally
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communications with technical understanding
- Experience in service provision.
- Provides appropriate rationale and context to drive commitment
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Organising and follow-up skills
- Manages projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes
- Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve
Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Proactively looks for new creative ideas and marketing opportunities
- Facilitates the exchange of ideas and creation of new ones
- Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries
Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Pursues excellence with integrity, passion and courage
- Strives for self-improvement
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers
Additional Information:Professional Qualification/Certification ( Optional )
- DBA certification – Oracle and SQL Server related certifications
External and Internal Stakeholders
- Internal: System Users, IT Team Members, Internal Clients, Application Support Teams
- External: Hardware/Software Vendors/ISP’s/Cloud partners
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.