Product Integrity EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10004168 Location Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Perform compliance product review for assigned business units and country of distribution; clearly communicate and document all concerns and potential problems
- Review Product packaging for language content/safety and regulatory issues.
- Assign appropriate Product Guideline (PG) or regulatory requirements and special instructions for compliance testing.
- Approve or provide comments on licensee testing reports and communicate same to affected parties clearly and in a timely manner.
- Notify stakeholders including applicable vendors of upcoming significant regulatory changes or Product Guideline revisions.
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers/licensees to ensure clarity of test requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Communicate internationally to buying or licensing teams on non-compliance and design considerations from safety standpoint.
- Provide vendor training on Product Integrity processes, regulations and design requirements as needed.
- Support Guest Services and Risk Management teams to resolve Guest complaints and injuries
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned Disney Sourcing groups and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered.
- Act as a technical resource to Disney Sourcing Buying Groups, Buyers and licensees regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise.
- Ensure all daily activities meet the preset timeline and in good quality.
- Maintain high visibility of its team and report timely to regional manager.
• 3 years’ experience in consumer product safety or compliance.
• Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese
• Working knowledge of consumer product regulations such as US, EU, and ISO
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Experience in the quality and/or manufacturing fields relating to consumer product manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance or research and development.
• Good Mandarin
• Asian language other than English and Chinese.
• Knowledge of regulations in Asia Pacific Countries
• Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.