Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Sourcing SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 519726BR Location Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong SAR SAR Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 01/19/2018
The Senior Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing a merchandise category and supporting the Associate Sourcing Manager or Manager, Sourcing across multiple categories. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for supporting short and long-term sourcing strategies and is accountable for managing the sample development submission, order/production follow-up. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will also assist Manager to monitor factory relationships and initiate vendor set-up, ISU form upon order award.
- Proactively assists and drives measurable efficiencies of team communications, tasks, and overall workflow to support continuous improvement.
- Participates and supports the growth of global and segment-wide relationships.
- Supports short and long-term sourcing strategies for managed category set by management; proactively assists set priorities, objectives, and follow up action plans to improve supply base and mitigate risk with measurable accountability.
- Assists leveraging opportunities and executes sourcing strategies for global site-specific items.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to ensure products placed with managed suppliers are meeting Disney quality standards.
- Closely track product development management, communicating key milestones and deadlines within the sample approval process.
- Manages production tracking report, driving communication and troubleshooting exceptions and delays proactively
- Assists cost negotiation and works with suppliers on value engineering options to achieve profitability goals while ensuring product vision is achieved;
- Identifies opportunities to leverage cross-category tools, information, processes and resources to optimize category performance.
- Supports discussion and collaboration with factory and Product Design to seek new ideas, art techniques, applications and materials to drive product innovation.
- Travels domestically to ensure production of merchandise continues to meet Disney quality standards. and continuously learn the product diversity opportunities of the factory, expand product knowledge/expertise.
- Be the expert in all key sourcing regions.
- Assists Manager to drive continuous improvement within supply base to elevate supplier performance with measurable results.
- Work closely with Manager to maintain a stable and socially compliant supply base that meets ILS MCS, regulatory standards, and other established supplier performance requirements. Proactively addresses issues with timely and high-caliber executive-level communication and actions.
- Proactively addresses issues to Sourcing Manager timely.
- Strong knowledge of product-specific construction standards, materials, and manufacturing processes/techniques.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence vendors and drive production efficiency
- Understanding of China and Global testing, safety, and labeling requirements and impact to product design
- Experience in merchandise sourcing and production management.
- Strong computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, MicroCharts, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understanding of free-trade agreements, duties and resulting impact of sourcing strategies.
- 5 years’ experience in Global Sourcing and/or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Product-specific technical degree and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate in other languages would be a plus