Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Sourcing SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 555441BR Location Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 15, 2018
Job Summary:The Senior Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing a merchandise category and supporting the Associate Sourcing Manager or Manager, Sourcing across multiple categories. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for supporting short and long-term sourcing strategies and is accountable for managing the sample development submission, order/production follow-up.
The Senior Sourcing Specialist will also assist Manager to monitor factory relationships and initiate vendor set-up, ISU form upon order award.
- Proactively assists and drives measurable efficiencies of team communications, tasks, and overall workflow to support continuous improvement.
- Participates and supports the growth of global and segment-wide relationships.
- Supports short and long-term sourcing strategies for managed category set by management; proactively assists set priorities, objectives, and follow up action plans to improve supply base and mitigate risk with measurable accountability.
- Assists leveraging opportunities and executes sourcing strategies for global site-specific items.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to ensure products placed with managed suppliers are meeting Disney quality standards.
- Closely track product development management, communicating key milestones and deadlines within the sample approval process.
- Manages production tracking report, driving communication and troubleshooting exceptions and delays proactively
- Assists cost negotiation and works with suppliers on value engineering options to achieve profitability goals while ensuring product vision is achieved;
- Identifies opportunities to leverage cross-category tools, information, processes and resources to optimize category performance.
- Supports discussion and collaboration with factory and Product Design to seek new ideas, art techniques, applications and materials to drive product innovation.
- Travels domestically to ensure production of merchandise continues to meet Disney quality standards. and continuously learn the product diversity opportunities of the factory, expand product knowledge/expertise.
- Be the expert in all key sourcing regions.
- Assists Manager to drive continuous improvement within supply base to elevate supplier performance with measurable results.
- Work closely with Manager to maintain a stable and socially compliant supply base that meets ILS MCS, regulatory standards, and other established supplier performance requirements. Proactively addresses issues with timely and high-caliber executive-level communication and actions.
- Proactively addresses issues to Sourcing Manager timely.
- Strong knowledge of product-specific construction standards, materials, and manufacturing processes/techniques.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence vendors and drive production efficiency
- Understanding of China and Global testing, safety, and labeling requirements and impact to product design
- Experience in merchandise sourcing and production management.
- Strong computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, MicroCharts, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understanding of free-trade agreements, duties and resulting impact of sourcing strategies.
- 5 years’ experience in Global Sourcing and/or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Product-specific technical degree and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate in other languages would be a plus
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.