Already applied?View Dashboard
Alarm System Service ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 685412BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 07/25/2019
- Enforce a safe environment adherent to the Walt Disney World safety policy.
- Supervise the team to ensure daily work schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans. Review job specifications and requirements, as well as ensure labor and cost estimates are met.
- Supervise new installation activities and corrective repairs of existing systems, perform job site walks, ensure systems are maintainable, and provide a safe work environment.
- Develop labor schedules and staff loading to ensure task completion.
- Maintain timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, maintenance, operations, local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) and customers.
- Build and maintain an effective organization committed to Guest and Cast satisfaction and safety.
- Manage and advise on staff development, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provide the tools, training, and environment required to achieve employee success.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws and industry requirements to ensure compliance.
- Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications, and services.
- Develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation while managing safety, regulatory compliance, and productivity.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience with fire alarm systems
- Experience with various types of Siemens and Edwards System Technologies (EST) fire alarm panels
- Strong understanding of alarm software and reporting.
- NFPA-related knowledge (NFPA72, NFPA70, NFPA90A, NFPA25, etc.)
- Able to read, analyze and interpret contract documents, including all disciplines of fire alarm drawings and specifications. Able to write, plan, coordinate and make presentations to individuals and groups using all manners and methods.
- Must be well versed in “off premise” monitoring.
- Must be familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) to create, work with, and modify spreadsheets and databases for the monitoring of project performance, write project correspondence, price changes, prepare budgets and projections.
- Experienced in financial management
The successful candidate must be willing/able to:
- Work any shift, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Function as duty manager once per month – this is a 24/7 on-call responsibility.
- Pass a drug screening, a background check, and a motor vehicle report.
- License - State of Florida Electrical Fire Unlimited or Electrical Contractor
- Certification - NICET Fire Alarm Systems
- Able to effectively communicate to a diverse group of individuals including company leadership, regional staff, customers, and vendors
- Strong, positive team builder with leadership ability
- Knowledge of current fire alarm systems
- Strong understanding of P&L components and relationships
- Able to attract, develop, grow and retain a team
- Able to understand the technical aspects of the product lines and applications as necessary to make informed management decisions
- Able to develop management reports, accurately report information, and deliver projects on time
- Working knowledge of SAP and Workbrain
- Working knowledge of maintenance reporting and scheduling systems such as Maximo
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, building construction OR the equivalent field fire protection
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.