Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Project Support Internship - FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522663BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/14/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Magic Kingdom Project Team that supports the Magic Kingdom Operations Teams and preserves the Guest experience while facilitating construction projects from development through implementation phase. The Magic Kingdom Project Internship will support the Magic Kingdom project team in this endeavor.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe part of an innovative team and culture…
The candidate should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. The day to day schedule will vary depending upon project needs, but could range from administrative duties in the office to walking project sites with clients. *This is not a Guest-facing role.*
- Manage projects as assigned and provide required updates to key stakeholders
- Perform site walks to verify show conditions while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Develop presentation materials to report key project details to the team and senior leadership.
- Maintain & update project photos, schedules, maps and weekly updates
- Partner with internal and external clients/guests at all levels within the organization
- Compile and distribute notes from meetings and blueprint document reviews
- Create and send communication on behalf of the Magic Kingdom Project Team to all park-wide key partners
A day in the life…
- Deliver exceptional Guest service - Focus on key drivers of the project and share ideas on how to lessen the impact to Guests and Cast Members.
- Contribute to the team’s overall performance - Attend and lead internal and external meetings, act as a key contributor and demonstrate the ability to take direction, prioritize, meet deadlines and problem solve.
- Manage change - Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing work environment, remaining flexible and embracing shifts in initial project plans; effectively balancing and prioritizing multiple project timelines.
- Deliver clear and concise content – Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization through verbal and written communication
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Ability to network, develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Cast Members, clients, and operating areas
- Demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong proven time management skills
- Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Software
- Experience with graphic design and presentation recommended
- Knowledge or familiarity of engineering disciplines
- Proven knowledge of Magic Kingdom property
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- Experience in Disney Attractions Line of Business
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Recommendation: Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.