Animal Medical Records AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 10067453 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 17, 2023
About the Role & Team
Our Medical Records team works within a fast pace dynamic veterinary hospital with a focus on the animals within Walt Disney World. As the Animal Medical Records Associate, you will be working with the Disney Animal Health team to maintain animal medical records, ensure data integrity, and partner with the animal care teams at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Tri-Circle D Ranch and The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot. This is a part time, hourly position working in a busy, team-oriented veterinary practice.
This is a part-time position reporting directly to the Veterinary Hospital Manager
What You Will Do
- Daily computer work, various platforms
- ZIMS medical record data entry
- Tracking of laboratory test results into a web-based system
- Spreadsheet maintenance
- Guest interaction – 1-2 times per week into show area educating guests around the department
- Organization of the veterinary resource library
- Filing and archiving of data on Asset SharePoint
- Participation in team projects and actively participate in accomplishing goals and initiatives set by the Animal Health team leadership
- Work with animal health staff members to maintain consistency within data entry protocols
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record to accurately handle detailed information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Proficient in creating and manipulating Spreadsheets
- Records and/or data management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, working an average 3 days per week to include weekends
- Working within a team environment
- Collaborate within the animal health department and within the ASE department as a whole
- Being adaptable to change in priorities and process
- An understanding of medical and veterinary terminology through previous relevant work experience
- Experience in the field of data entry in a veterinary hospital, zoo, or other medical practice
- Working experience with Adobe, Workday, ZIMS, ZOOM and/or Teams
- High school degree or equivalent
- Degree or Certificate in Health Information Management
- Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.