Animal Nutrition Operation Manager - Chief Animal NutritionistApply NowApply Later Job ID 878964BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 10, 2021
- Accountable for the animal nutrition program for The Walt Disney World Resort, Castaway Cay, and the Aulani Resort.
- Formulate and evaluate diets as Chief Animal Nutritionist working closely with the Associate Nutritionist, and the ANC research, Science, and Animal Care teams to identify and address any issues.
- Oversight of and direct involvement in basic and applied animal nutrition research in aquatic and terrestrial species. This involves partnering internally with Animal Care and Science team as well as externally with outside research institutions, including universities, zoos, and aquariums.
- Partnering with the Animal Feed Industry with the goal to improve the sustainability of feeds used in aquariums and zoos to help preserve natural resources.
- Accountable for the ANC day-to-day operations: food ordering, food storage, diet preparations, food/browse deliveries, budget tracking, safety etc
- Oversight, development, and continual review of ANC protocols and processes.
- Oversight of Disney’s browse fields including agronomic needs of browse species and management of them to effectively feed zoo species.
- Direct supervision and performance management of the Assistant Operations Manager, the Associate Nutritionist, and the UF Nutrition Fellow. Indirect supervision and performance management of ANC managers and cast members.
- Recruitment, hiring, and training of new ANC cast members.
- Professional developmental of ANC cast members.
- Actively participate in Disney, WDW, and ASE critical initiatives
- Partner with the Animal Care, Animal Health, and Science teams in delivering outstanding leadership, animal care and welfare
- Partner with Public Affairs and Communication teams to tell our stories
- Partner with Guest Animal Experience team and Park Operations to deliver outstanding guest experiences
- Partner with Finance, Safety Services, Facilities & Maintenance teams to ensure operational excellence
- Direct the ANC environmental initiatives as part of the Disney and ASE environmental goals (e.g. Zero Waste)
- Serves on Disney’s Animal Care and Welfare Committee (DACWC) and a Disney Conservation Fund (DCF) Grant Committee
- Participation in professional organizations (e.g. AZA, NAG) with attendance at conferences and workshops.
- Maintain and further develop royalty partnership with Mazuri and others
- Minimum of ten years of exotic animal nutrition experience.
- Minimum of five years of zoological experience.
- Demonstrated passionate and professional commitment to the animal nutrition field.
- Proven leadership ability, superior organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Managerial experience.
- Five years or more years of experience working at an AZA accredited institution
- PhD in Animal Nutrition or Animal Physiology.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.