Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Animal Programs - Animal Nutrition Center Internship - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738504BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Make an impact by supporting the health of the animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Prepare and deliver balanced and enriching diets for our 2000+ animals as you work alongside our nutrition assistants
- Champion food safety to ensure animals receive diets of impeccable quality and nutrition
- Collect and organize dynamic diet data and robust animal health information (blood values, body weights and diet consumption) to assist our nutrition laboratory team
- Utilize in-house laboratory equipment when needed (Near Infrared Reflectance Spectrometer, freeze dryer, ovens, grinders, hay corer, pH meter, and centrifuge)
- Engage guests in conversations relating to the importance of nutrition as preventative medicine, conservation and the Animal Nutrition Center mission
- No direct animal contact takes place in this role.
- A sincere interest in Animal Nutrition and a desire to continue learning about animal nutrition
- Proven analytical experience organizing and manipulating data in Microsoft Excel including use of averages, standard deviation and graphing functions
- Completion of at least one full semester college level nutrition course
- Strong comfort level utilizing Excel
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. The successful candidates must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Comfortable lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Three months of food preparation and/or animal husbandry experience
- Three months of independent study or laboratory experience outside of the classroom
- Demonstrated ability in time management and / or a fast-paced environment
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or recent graduate
- Please note, that while Masters level students are welcome to apply, this internship is designed to best pair with Undergraduate level studies
- Animal Science, Zoology, Biology, Nutrition, Zoo Sciences, Wildlife Biology or related major
- A minimum GPA of 2.7
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please ensure your Nutrition Course is reflected in attached transcripts
- Cover Letter describing your passion and interest in working with Animal Nutrition
To upload these documents:
- Log into your Dashboard
- Click the second tab "Attachments"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript/cover letter/resume/etc
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"/or type of document you are attaching
- Be sure your document is titled appropriately with your name and type of document in this format: First Name_Last Name_Transcript
- At the time of applications, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability - This includes shifts falling within the operating hours of the Nutrition Center - 7 days per week, 5am through 4pm EST.
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 - January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.