Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Animal Programs-Conservation Education Presenter Intern - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 854753BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
As a Conservation Education Presenter at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you will inspire future generations to take action to care for our planet. As a part of a high-energy, fast-paced front-line team you will engage with Guests of all ages as they discover the magic of nature.
Responsibilities:On a typical day you will…
- Actively invite Guests to connect with animals and conservation topics at Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader locations and select animal habitats throughout the park
- Share information about animals and the natural world using fun and engaging storytelling techniques
- Empower thousands of Guests to positively impact wildlife and take conservation action
- No direct animal contact takes place in this role
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have…
- Personal passion for conservation and wildlife, as well as a passion for sharing insight and knowledge of wildlife conservation with others
- Strong interpersonal skills including the desire to interact with children and families from all over the world
- Experience or interest in teaching or presenting in a formal or informal learning environment
- Ability to work as part of a diverse, high performing team in a feedback-rich environment
- Ability to regularly work weekends and holidays, outdoors for 8+ hours per day, and in all weather conditions including extreme heat and rain
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you have…
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a zoo, aquarium, museum, state park, or nature center, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated conservation and environmental knowledge
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Currently enrolled in a college/university or recent college graduate
- Life or Environmental Sciences, Environmental Policy, Biology, Zoology, Education, Recreation, Communications or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.