Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Animal Programs - Marine Mammal Internship - Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738548BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® and Epcot® Theme Parks
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
The Marine Mammal Professional Internship is an entry-level opportunity to assist trainers in the daily care of West Indian manatees and Common Bottlenose dolphins. Interns will use interpretive skills to connect with our guests in promoting marine stewardship (50%) as well as preparing diets and maintaining cleanliness of all areas (50%).
- Narrate science-based studies stressing cognitive inquiry, marine mammal awareness and marine conservation issues in an engaging and informative format
- Prepare daily diets for the marine mammal collection at The Seas with Nemo and Friends.
- Promote a healthy environment through sanitation and cleanliness.
- Build knowledge of behavior, training and record management.
- Contribute to ocean conservation on a global scale.
- Three months of public speaking experience in a zoo, aquarium, museum or nature center setting
- Strong comfort level with public speaking and presenting to large groups of guests
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- The ability to operate a company vehicle. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- SCUBA certification, and possession of a SCUBA certification card, is required at the time of application
- Less than six months experience in a marine mammal setting
- Strong career interest in marine mammal training or husbandry
- Junior, senior or recent college graduate
- Biology, Behavior or related science major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Required Materials: Must be attached within 48 hours of application submission
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Please attach a copy of your SCUBA Certification Card front and back
- Attach a cover letter to tell us a bit more about your passion for this field, and how you have cultivated this passion in your field to date to prepare for your future career
To upload these documents:
- Log into your Dashboard
- Click the second tab "Attachments"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript/cover letter/resume/etc
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"/or type of document you are attaching
- Be sure your document is titled appropriately with your name and type of document in this format: First Name_Last Name_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 - January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.