Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Animal Programs - Veterinary Hospital Internship - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 679314BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 21, 2019
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
This internship provides the opportunity to work in our veterinary hospital alongside our professional team of animal keepers, veterinary technicians and veterinarians.
- Receive native Florida wildlife animals that come to the veterinary hospital from the Walt Disney World® Resort property:
- Provide the day to day care and treatment of native wildlife as directed by the animal care staff and veterinarians.
- Keep accurate records; update wildlife log and database.
- Transport animals to rehabilitation facilities as needed in a Company Vehicle.
- Support the hospital operation; assisting the veterinary technicians:
- Monitor stock/supplies, restock the DAK hospital and satellite facilities.
- Clean/pack/sterilize instruments.
- Set up for procedures; clean up and breakdown of equipment/supplies post procedures.
- Interact with our guests in the on-show veterinary treatment window daily.
- Minimum of six months experience at a veterinary clinic, including both medicating and restraining animals - should exceed 480 hours total of hands on experience.
- Minimum of six months experience at a wildlife rehabilitation facility, including both medicating and restraining animals - should exceed 480 hours total of hands on experience.
- Proven leadership experience in a classroom, at work or in a volunteer environment.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Comfortable with public speaking, and presenting to small groups.
- Junior, senior or recent college graduate, undergrad level only
- Biology, Zoology, Animal Science, Life Science or related major
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Cover Letter highlighting interest and passion for this position
To upload these documents:
- Log into your Dashboard
- Click the second tab "Attachments"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript/cover letter/resume/etc
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"/or type of document you are attaching
- Be sure your document is titled appropriately with your name and type of document in this format: First Name_Last Name_Transcript
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 - June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.