Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Architecture Professional Internship: Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 734827BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
Walt Disney World Architecture & Facilities Engineering division provides strategic and project support for Walt Disney World facilities. We support the Integrated Facilities Planning process developing scope and budgets. We are responsible for the design of this portfolio of projects for Walt Disney World parks, resorts, water parks, roadways and back-of-house facilities. In-house subject matter experts provide discipline specific support through innovative design solutions and permit assistance on single and multi-discipline projects.
As a member of the Architecture team at Walt Disney World, your team's responsibilities will include: Working on all phases of project work from drafting, on-site as-built documentation, design coordination with outside design consultants, field data collection, light design/production work, construction administration and project close-out documentation for a variety of projects ranging in scope from minor rehabs to building new facilities. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research of existing conditions/documentation and data collection
- Drafting in AutoCAD of architectural design documents
- Maintain time management schedule and workloads while communicating potential conflicts or delays in project delivery
- Participate, listen and learn at design review meetings
- Collaborate with job leader and disciplines on project scope, schedule and budget
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: No rounding.)
- Proficient with AutoCad
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Architecture major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 - December 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is February 6, 2020.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.