Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Chief Counsel – Real Estate Sales & AcquisitionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 637319BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 14, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, internet offerings and publishing activities.
The Walt Disney World Legal Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Chief Counsel to lead and manage its Real Estates Sales & Acquisitions legal team (two attorneys and one paralegal), which provides legal advice to various business areas on complex real estate matters.
Responsibilities:Handle and oversee complex real estate legal services for the Walt Disney World Resort related to property sales and acquisitions, real estate master planning, real estate development, hotel leasing, and ongoing maintenance of real estate assets of the Walt Disney World Resort, including:
- Negotiate and draft complex purchase and sale agreements, leases, development and management agreements, infrastructure agreements, easement agreements, and various closing documents;
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of commercial real estate sales and acquisitions including due diligence, title and survey review and closings;
- Advise the business teams on matters related to land use, zoning and entitlements;
- Provide legal support and advice to the Walt Disney World Resort master planning group;
- Provide legal advice and act as a strategic thought partner throughout various stages of project planning, real estate acquisitions and real estate dispositions.
- Provide legal advice on legislative and other government affairs related matters, including legal advice regarding the potential effect of pending legislation on the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Provide guidance to team members on real estate matters, manage outside counsel and outside counsel legal budgets.
- An attorney with a minimum of 15 years complex commercial transactional real estate experience
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and to exercise sound legal judgment
- Proven ability to manage and provide active leadership and strategic direction for other attorneys and paralegals in the real estate area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Must be team-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines
- Highly organized with ability to effectively manage outside counsel and financial budget
- Experience with governmental/regulatory law a plus
- Admission to the Florida bar preferred; eligibility for Florida Authorized House Counsel status, if not already admitted to the Florida Bar
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Law degree from a top-tier law school
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.