Associate Engineer (Technology)
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775148BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 18, 2021
Job Summary:This position is focused within DPEP within the Worldwide Safety. The role will be responsible for analytics and field observations, validation, and support of safety initiatives. The objective will be to enhance safety for its cast and Guests through the creation of new and innovative ways to identify current and future safety risks. This position will report to The Team Leader.
Responsibilities:Positively partner with multiple lines of business in a role that will spend 60 percent monitoring data streams and previous analysis results for safety risks and 40 percent of the time in the field validating information from the analysis and leveraging observations for real time risk annunciation
- Collect data from multiple sources and architectures, filtering to extract trends for risk analysis
- Reviewing, categorizing, and analyzing data that will be utilized to increase safety of monitoring Guests on attractions and Cast Member procedures
- Partner with subject matter experts at all sites to understand their key performance indicators for safety and leverage data sources to develop statistical trends identifying mitigation strategies
- Review and validate processes and procedures are being followed properly and are executed in the safest and most effective manner
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Engineering Services or Park Operations
- Strong knowledge of attractions
- Proficient in Excel, SmartSheet, Maximo, OpsSheet, STITCH and near miss reporting systems
- Experience in partnering with a diverse range of technical and business organizations and individuals including but not limited to engineering, maintenance, theme park operations including attractions, custodial, food & beverage, etc. as well as entertainment and recreation personnel
- Proficient with navigating computerized technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning and interface with the Disney data systems and IT personnel
- Bachelor's degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.