Associate Principal Counsel – Workers’ CompensationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 743069BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
- Handling all phases of litigated workers’ compensation claims, including drafting pleadings, conducting discovery, attending mediations, making court appearances and handling trials.
- Providing advice on workers’ compensation claims handled by the Walt Disney World Risk Management Department.
- A minimum of seven (7) years comprehensive experience in handling all aspects of worker’s compensation litigation in Florida; Trial experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Act and corresponding case law, and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues.
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively with all levels of management.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the Florida Bar.
Preferred EducationLaw degree from a top-tier law school.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.